Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Home Health Aide



Home Health Aide
Duties and responsibilities: Home health aides make a remarkable difference in the lives of the sick, disabled and elderly. By assisting with personal tasks such as dressing and bathing, and helping to keep homes safe and clean, they allow those who would otherwise need a higher level of care the opportunity to live on their own.
Salary: The highest-paid earned about $29,480, while the lowest-paid earned about $16,690.
Education: There is no standardized educational requirement for HHAs. Some states, not even a high school diploma is required. HHAs do not hold licenses but many employers prefer them to be certified. Home health care labor can be physically difficult, so strength and good health are necessary. HHAs must have patience, dependability, good interpersonal skills, and be able to manage their time efficiently.

Reflection: I think I would like to become a home health aide. My mother who does home health gets paid a good amount. With some of her help I think I can become one if I really looked into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment